Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not on the same speadsheet

Spender here. Wait?! What? Spender is going to post to this blog?! I truly loathe disappointing Saver and I want to make every effort I can to save money and contribute to our financial stability and success. Perhaps contributing to this blog will help me stay focused on my fiscal well being. I read a story about the therapy of writing and why blogging is healthy. Maybe that's what I need. A place to sort out these issues.

Keeping track of how much we're spending each day hasn't been a very smooth process for me yet. Surprisingly, I know every penny I've spent this week, however, when I went to input it into the spreadsheet system Saver setup I ran into trouble. I know she made it into a simpler system but it still doesn't make sense to me with the multiple spreadsheets and categories and stuff. It might have helped if we had discussed exactly how to use this tool before she left but I thought it would be straight forward. Well straight forward in my mind is something completely different in hers. I definitely understand the concept behind it but nothing makes sense to me in the way it's laid out. In the mean time, I'm using a calendar and recording my purchases details for each day. That should keep me on track until we are on the same page.

No comments: