Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Time to get serious

Goal for tomorrow:
1) Sit down and figure out where we've spent money in the last 6 weeks
2) Figure out a way to regularly track spending going forward

I've used Microsoft money and mint.com in the past, but now i've actually created my own excel program that does everything the way I want it to. I have everything set up and ready to go, but have not yet been successful at sitting down with it and entering our expenses on a regular basis. We need to be on somewhat of a budget these days, though, so I'm making it a priority. My goal is to reconcile at least once a week.

Spender is on board, and we've agreed to sit down tomorrow night to do our best accounting of the last 6 weeks. Now that we're getting settled in to life here, we can also finalize our budget. As of June 1st, our "we just moved here" excuse is officially over!!

No comments: